Pensioner or Veteran

Home/Pensioner or Veteran
Pensioner or Veteran 2017-06-26T06:20:24+00:00

Am I eligible?

Click here for Voucher eligibility
You must be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident 21 years or older and you are:

  • A Pension Concession Card Holder
  • Receiving Sickness Allowance from Centrelink
  • The holder of a Gold Repatriation Health Card issued for all conditions
  • The holder of a White Repatriation Health Card issued for conditions that include hearing loss
  • A dependent of a person in one of the above categories
  • A member of the Australian Defence Force or
  • A part of the Australian Government funded Disability Employment Services (DES) – Disability Management Service and you are referred by your Disability Employment Services case manager

How to apply

If you are eligible, you can now apply for the Hearing Services Program online Apply online today
If you are unable to apply online, visit Hearing Innovations and we can assist you or phone 1800 500 726 and request an application form. You will need to obtain a medical certificate from your medical practitioner confirming that there are no medical reasons to prevent you getting a hearing device, if needed.
For paper applications, the completed form needs to be posted to the Office of Hearing Services in Canberra for approval and this process may take up to 4 weeks. When you receive your voucher, make an appointment with one of our audiologists for a free hearing needs assessment.

What am I entitled to?

Your hearing services voucher entitles you to a free hearing test and free hearing rehabilitation. If needed, the program can also supply you with free hearing aids or an alternative listening device. You also have the option to select and contribute towards the cost of a device with more advanced features. It is advisable to check with your private health fund, as some will allow you to claim a percentage of the additional cost of the hearing device.

Maintenance agreement

Maintaining your hearing aids and buying batteries can be costly. We recommend you have an annual maintenance agreement with us. For a small annual charge, we will supply you with batteries, clean and service the aid and replace any worn and broken parts.